The End Times in Prophecy: Daniel 8:5-8
Iran War, Iraq War: US Goat Stomps Ram, Islam Symbol
God says there is none like Him, declaring the end from the beginning. In Genesis 22, God shows the end of militant Islam when Isaac was saved from sacrifice by a ram caught by its horns in a bush. Islam teaches that Ishmael was spared by sacrificing the ram, and they celebrate it in Al-Adha. Which is right?
When Christ was asked about the end of the world in Matthew 24, he recommended we understand a desolating power first mentioned in Daniel 8. Here is a prophecy that reaches from the time of Daniel to the present and includes a ram that gets stomped and its horns are broken by a goat. Daniel 8:20,21 tells us the horns on the ram are the kings of Media and Persia and they are broken by the first king of Grecia (Alexander the Great).
History confirms Bible accuracy and the victory of Alexander over Medo-Persia. But Gabriel said the vision is “at the time of the end,” (verse 17) so what we’re looking at is a double application of prophecy—once in history, and again for our time when the Medes and Persians have become militant Islam–Iraq, Iran/ISIS. If we read closely, several items fit better now:
U.S. coalition v Militant Islam–Iraq, Iran, ISIS in Bible prophecy
- Daniel was in the palace at Shushan, but “I saw in a vision and I was by the river Ulai,” Daniel 8:2. The modern name is the Karun River by Kuwait where U.S. troops deployed against Iraq in 2003.
- Alexander’s victory at Arbela was 700 miles away. Daniel saw our time and our deployment.
- The coalition formed by Bush was named GOAT–Global Organization Against Terrorism (amazing!)
- The goat “came from the west on the face of the whole earth,” Daniel 8:5. The U.S. coalition came from Korea, Australia, S. America, Canada, Europe—“the whole earth.” Not so with Alexander; he did come “from the face of the whole earth.
- The goat “touched not the ground.” Daniel 8:5. Desert Storm was the first war fought largely in the air. Alexander had no choice of planes. The imagery fits “the time of the end.” Alexander’s victory was a type for our time
- Persia was the name for Iran today. Daniel 8 suggests war with Iran.
- Islam may wonder why God would allow “the Great Satan to conquer militant Islam when we have brought alcohol, tobacco, Hollywood, crime, sex, violence on TV, and appear to favor abortion, homosexuality, all things that the Bible may condemn, but Daniel’s prophecy is not about who God favors to win, who who He sees will win, and America will have its time of judgment soon as well. After a military victory, the US’ “horn” gets broken, Daniel 8:8.
- This information supports the Bible as the true “holy book” by showing from Genesis 22:13 the sparing of Isaac [Israel] by sacrificing a [militant] ram caught in a Bush.
- On the other hand, the imagery from Revelation 9 suggests the possibility that the US could be over-run by Islam, even as the Medes and Persians conquered ancient Babylon.
Sir Winston Churchill observed: “How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.
For a broader view of Bible prophecy, visit http://amzn.to/1iXKH8n for the ebook, The Alpha & Omega Bible Code.